Tuesday, June 5, 2007

post its

To help with language learning I am going to label everything in my house. As I was explaining this learning method to my language tutor, she told me of two methods to get paper to stick to walls without leaving a mark. First, use a dab of toothpaste. If you don't like that method, then you can stick some egg white on the back of the paper. Personally, I was thinking post-its, but the toothpaste is much more economical. Plus, since we have our windows open all the time it may have better cling to it when we get a gust of wind through the house. I'm going to try all three methods: post-its, toothpaste, and egg whites. I'll post the results of the experiment in a few weeks. I never did win a science fair as a kid, but I think this would at least get honorable mention. On the comments, feel free to give your hypothesis on which variable will have the clingiest results.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always my job to burst your bubble, so here goes. I am afraid that the egg white will attract bugs and begin to stink, eventually. The toothepaste... well, we used to use toothepaste to seal up holes in the dorm room before we left, so that we would not get charged a fee. So, it may be hard to remove. Buy yourself some post-its and send me the bill. Sherry

Natalie said...

I would think that the egg white will cause the paint to peel. Believe me...the paint here peels pretty easily. Scotch tape and sticky tack have been known to peel off paint in our house. I guess it depends on the paint, but I have to say I agree with Sherry...go for the post-it notes.

Morello Madness said...

Great idea that I'd like to follow, but instead of a gust of wind, I have twin three year old boys to worry about. I'm not sure a nut and bolt setup would stop them. Ever heard of Thing 1 & 2 from Dr. Seuss???!!! Yep, that's them. For my birthday present on Sunday, I get a nice sunny day reaching a high of 105. And my city is the same longitude as Louisville!!! Unreal. Love you guys. Brad

Anonymous said...

I think post-it notes'll work the best because, well, THAT's what they were invented for. Mybe not. I wonder if mom will let me try...

Lisa said...

In response to Sherry, I remember using toothpaste to seal up holes as well. I'm a little scared that toothpaste works as well as caulk. What's it doing to our teeth?

Bteacher99 said...

I think that sticky-tak will melt off (always happens this time of year, even though the heat isn't unreasonable). I know eggwhite is gross...so call it another vote for post-it notes. Your friend will not like the bill, though: they are not cheap here, unless you buy the local brand and they may not last long either.

Uncle Brad said...

I think you should rehydrate some of the gum from Abby's massive gumball and use that.
Me, I would just use the post-its.