Monday, June 18, 2007

My 1st International Father's Day


I have been wondering what Father's Day would be like in another country. As we sat down to breakfast on Sunday morning, cards were everywhere! After reading through them, I thought I would share a few quotes from my children: David: "I tried to find a picture of the Bengals but I couldn't." Abby: "I love you so much. Why do you have to be allergic to dogs AND cats?" Annie: "Be willing to stand alone. Never give up. Don't forget to smile. God made dogs different." Emma's card is filled with stickers. Next to the sticker of a hippo, she had her sister write, "Oops! I farted!" So, in the midst of a crazy couple of months, it is nice to know I am loved and that some things will never change!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, dogs really ARE different! And hippos probably are embarrassed when they fart. And it is a shame that you are allergic to both of the cutest, sweetest animals. And bengals really ARE camera shy. Those are some smart kids! Happy Father's Day, Mike! Sherry

Uncle Brad said...

David,
To find a picture of a Bengal, you should have looked in the Cincinnati police files. (cue the drummer's rim shot and groan from the crowd)

Ellie said...

Hey Mike, Ya know Standard Poodles are great for those who are allergic to dogs (as I am) and they are about the best breed for kids!!! Your Welcome :-)
Happy Belated Father's Day to the 2nd best earthly father in the world.