Saturday, June 9, 2007

ABC gumball


It all started at a slumber party. Abby was at Sarah's house, and her big brother Elijah had a gumball machine. You had to pay a penny to get a gumball. Abby, being the clever girl she is, told Sarah how to break into the gumball machine. They unscrewed the top of the gumball machine and each put 4-5 gumballs in their mouth. After they chewed it a while, they decided it would be cool to make one giant gumball out of ABC (already been chewed) gum. Then they kept chewing more and more gum and added it to the slimy, gooey gumball. They got tired of chewing gum so they took a break and continued the gum art in the morning. Since we've moved from KY, Abby continues to call Sarah and ask about the gumball.

Last week we got the gumball in the mail. You should've seen the excitement on Abby's face. She squealed and jumped and couldn't wait to tear open the package. It was one of the nastiest things I've ever seen, but to Abby it was nothing less than beautiful. Have you ever seen ABC gum that is 6 months old and has travelled over 6000 miles? It gets hot in the mail, and all the saliva juices and sugar juices mix together for a foamy, gooey, incredibly disgusting mess.

Abby will be adding her chewed gum to the gumball, and we will eventually mail it back to Sarah after it has increased in size. For now we are enjoying the gumball as it is proudly displayed on her dresser.

I think every girl has a good slumber party story. When I was in the 7th grade I was at Linda D's slumber party. As I was in a sleeping bag, I began to play with my belly button. It was that night that I discovered that I can turn my belly button from an innie to an outie. It amazed everyone there. I could acutally completely pull out the innie so that I could see the very end of the belly button. It was the hit of the party, and this rare talent has served me well over the years. In college I sent a letter with pictures to David Letterman, and I tried to get on "Stupid People Tricks". I never heard back from him. The letter must've gotten lost in the mail.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care to post a picture on your blog of "before" and "after"???? HA HA HA

Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW! Call me a girlie girl and a healt tfreak, but that's really unsanitary!And interesting....

Uncle Brad said...

Abby, you know I love you, so, don't take this personally....that is the most disgusting thing I've have ever seen!!! With that thing in the house, the bugs attracted by the egg-white-post-it-notes will not be a problem.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kaylee...disgusting....yet interesting. But more disgusting. Love- Mrs. Sherry

Anonymous said...

Oh Abby, that is almost unbelievable. It is pretty disgusting but also funny. Tell your Mom I want to know why she never shared her "innie & outie" with us. Miss you guys but love to look at your blog and read the notes. I would not have known what this one was without the explanation. Kathy C

Ellie said...

Alright- Now I find out you've been holdin out on me!! You have shared just about everything with me - but now this...

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool Abbey , but ewww nasty. Hey lisa I used to do that with my belly button tooo, until I had BABIES! Hope all is well, miss you.