Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mike the Chaperone


Last week I had my first opportunity to go on a field trip with school. The first grade went to a HUGE local park. Why so huge, you ask? Because, as Annie's principal told me, it used to be the local GOLF course. When they saw how few people were playing golf, they turned it into a more profitable use of space for the whole city. (I will refrain from any personal comments at this point for the sake of my daughters who were wih me when I heard this horrifying tidbit of information.)

Anyway, we had a beautiful day as 5 adults tried to keep up with 16 kids. Emma was #16 as she enjoyed being a 7-year-old 1st grader for a day. We rode the train, went horseback riding, walked through a flower garden (hundreds of rose bushes of all colors), and finished at the playground in the picture. Though personally crushed by the horrific news, I was reminded again of how blessed I am to be called "Dad" by the four greatest kids on the planet!

1 comment:

Uncle Brad said...

That is quite a disturbing post about the state of golf in your country....tragic really....I did manage to recover and read the rest of the post and....
RIGHT ON about the four great kids!