Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fav Meal

This is one of my all-time favorite meals. It is comfort food for me. As a kid when my mom fixed our favorite meal for our birthdays, I chose meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and creamed peas. On my sister's birthday she chose chicken livers...with a gizzard and heart thrown in for good measure topped off with gravy. Do you think we were raised in the south? Anyway, now the meatloaf meal is one of my kids' favorites. We always create a hole in the potatoes and top them with the creamed peas. Here's a picture. Bon appetit!










The ketchup was given to us by someone who loves us and cares for our well-being.

In defense of my sister, at least she chose a good dessert. It was chocolate fudge cake with chocolate chips in it, fixed in a bundt pan.

No comments: