Tuesday, April 15, 2008

NOT Such a Smart Idea, Part 2


So, it's Sunday night at 10:30 pm. You just remember your homework assignment for Monday morning. Should you go to bed and get your needed rest or stay up and do your homework? Well, in case you are wondering what child forgot their homework, it was me, Mike!
Like a good student, I started writing out my homework. Like a bad student, I turned on the TV for "background" noise. In a series of unfortunate events, I somehow stumbled upon the sports channel. And on it was LIVE coverage of the Masters! For those who do not follow golf, there are 51 weeks in the year and then there is the week of the Masters. I stayed focused on my homework for the next hour and finished. But, once done, I had the not-so-smart idea of staying up to watch the back nine of the final round at the greatest course in the world. Try as I might, I did not even make it to the end of the tournament. I will not divulge how "much" (read "little") sleep I got Sunday night, but let's just say I went into Starbuck's on my way to school Monday morning just for help staying awake!

No comments: