Sunday, April 20, 2008

While Mom's Been Away



It really has been encouraging to have so many of you writing while Lisa has been gone this past week. You have offered advice, recipes, answers to parenting questions and a few laughs to make our time without Lisa go smoother. I am really blessed!!




Others of you have been curious to know how the kids are doing. YES, they are eating (at home and not fast food!!) and doing great. They are keeping up with school, David started soccer season and no one has missed the school bus or any class time thanks to some friends here who are helping out. We even had one family with more children than ours bring us dinner last Wednesday evening. The kids, always willing to help, offered to clean up, run the vacuum and straighten the kitchen for me. Another blessing!! Below is a picture of the family room and the kitchen. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.




As they told me AFTER cleaning up, "Yeah, but you should have seen it BEFORE we cleaned it up, Dad!"

3 comments:

LaDonna said...

Tee Hee, looks like Matthew's room after he cleans.

Anonymous said...

If I were you, I would delete this post BEFORE Mom sees it ....Kimberly

Lisa said...

Uhhh...I have no idea where those pictures came from, but PTL they were not taken in my home! ... The mom who was away