Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Three Little Eggs

When I go to the outdoor fruit and vegetable market, I always benefit by taking a kid with me. Vendors are typically kinder to me, and the kids get all sorts of free samples. Most recently I took Annie with me. At the fresh egg stand, the vendor asked Annie if she liked eggs. When Annie said yes, he gave her a free egg. In fact, he was feeling very generous and he gave her a total of 3 raw eggs. ..just for being cute and speaking his language.

It is typical for the egg vendor to give 1 egg to each child, and my kids usually carry a raw egg through the market. About half the time the eggs make it home whole.

On this particular day, Annie was very careful with her 3 raw eggs. She cradled them and loved them all the way home. When we got home, the first thing she did was get a Sharpie and label the eggs. Midget Moe, Tiny Tim, and Bouncy Bob now reside in our refridgerator. How can I possibly crack one now that they have names? It would be inhumane. I just know if they accidently got scrambled Annie would notice and never eat eggs again.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just hope the kids don't start giving names to ALL of your groceries...that could get expensive! Uncle Brad

Anonymous said...

So are the eggs still living in the fridge? Or did they mysteriously get dropped? Curious....

Mer