Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What's Your Story?

What a difference a year makes! One year ago today, I woke up unemployed. December 3rd was the last day at my last job. It was the hardest decision we have ever made. We knew, even if only a tiny fraction of the reality, how this decision would change our lives forever. We knew it would also make life different for family and friends. It is wild to think of all that has transpired since. We have seen spiritual, financial, emotional, relational and physical mountains MOVED!! We have been on a family roller coaster as we have all said goodbyes, hellos and tried to learn a new language and culture. Yes, we are still on it! At times, it feels like we are headed ssslllooowwwllllyyyyy up the hill; at other times, we feel like it is 120 mph downhill...and picking up speed!

Through it all, we have learned much. I do not have time to write it all, nor do you have time to read it. Let me summarize it in one simple verse from 1 Thes. 5:24, "Faithful is He who calls you, and He will bring it to pass." That's my story...and I'm sticking to it! So, what's your story?

No comments: