Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm Five Years Old!


Yesterday Lisa and I were getting ready to leave, so I told Emma to get her shoes on because we were going shopping at the open-air market. She said she did not want to go right now. I told her we needed to go now because Daddy had to go to language class after we shopped.
Still not quite ready, she told me, "I can stay here." I reminded her, "Emma, no one will be here with you. You need to go with us." Still not wanting to leave, Lisa asked her to get ready and she promptly told Lisa she did not want to leave yet either. When Lisa told her she need to go with us, she blurted out as only Emma can, "But Mom, I'm 5 years old now!" The exchange mad me laugh and also got me thinking about what else we should allow: staying home, keys to the car, checking account and ATM card, American Express card, etc?
So, we are now taking suggestions from YOU on what else she should be able to do now that she is 5 years old!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clean her room, wash her clothes, color coordinate, cook meals....anything else where you need assistance. I am sure that at 5 she would be more than happy to help ;) Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Give all of you haircuts. sherry