Saturday, December 8, 2007

"hip" musical chairs

Emma had a birthday party at her preschool. We had American chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing (which were a hit), and then the kids played a few games. They played hot potato, which Emma won hands down (with quite a bit of help from the teacher). During hot potato, they played some contemporary music from this country. Then, the kids played musical chairs.

My baby played musical chairs to Hips Don't Lie. At first I thought it was a national song, but when I heard the English and the phrase "hips don't lie" I thought uh-uhhh. The basic rules for musical chairs is to dance like crazy and when the music stops get a chair. All to the tune of Hips Don't Lie. I have a short video segment to prove it. I had to make it short so that the lyrics did not make my blog offensive.

So here you go...a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds playing musical chairs to Hips Don't Lie. America exports some crazy stuff.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! I think I'll implement this game with some of my preschool classes here! The kids (and especially parents) will LOVE it!

Thanks for the great tip...

Anonymous said...

Dance Fever has nothing on Emma's preschool. I liket the little girl who's staying close to the chairs, just bobbing a little. The question is - Is she that good of a strategist or is she just not as "hip" as the rest? Lori