Tuesday, December 4, 2007

ambiance


I recently went to this quaint little restaurant on the second floor of a building in the oldest part of town. After walking the cobblestone streets, a friend and I picked this one little cafe. We had to walk up a rickety metal spiral staircase to get to the floor with the cafe. The cafe was heated with coal, and our table was right beside the coal-burning stove. We had a beautiful view of the city, and the ambiance of the music, antique chairs, and traditional furniture made this an all-around awesome experience. There was a lady in the corner rolling out fresh dough for the meals. This was a mom-n-pop place, and it's the best national food I've had since we've been here. They served us an appetizer "on the house", and it was rice/spices wrapped in grape leaves. They were the best I've had! I can't wait to go back!

No comments: