Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tuna Plus


I bought a can of tuna at the store, and when I opened it up to my surprise it had some extras in it. I spied with my little eyes a bay leaf, some sliced black olives, and little round green things (I think they're peas, but I was afraid to try). The tuna actually had a pretty good flavor, but I doused the extra flavor w/ mayo, mustard, pickles, and hard-boiled eggs. This isn't the only canned food I've opened that has given extras. Green beans always have a whole tomato in the can. So it's always fun to open a can and see the extras.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, maybe they are capers.
They are small and green somewhat like peas. They have a good flavor with tuna. They come from a Mediterranean bush and the flower buds are pickled and used to flavor sauces and dishes. Enjoy.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Those little green things may also be capers. They aren't too bad. Lots of people use them in places where KY hicks might use pickle relish or the sort ;)The picture makes them look smushy though and capers usually don't look like that, but hey.....Let me know if you ask someone and if they are peas or not. Kimberly

Bteacher99 said...

I'm jealous. I've NEVER gotten a bay leaf or olives in my tuna. I bet the "peas" are capers, though. Did you buy the oil-packed stuff? I usually buy the water-pack "ton", so maybe that's why no extras for me...Brenda