Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Speed Bumps and Post-Its


While out walking this morning, I noticed something rather odd. The speed bump I stepped on was made by the same company who produced the post-it note I wrote on before leaving! Living in a new country where not much is familiar, things like the "3M" logo stands out more than usual. What is more strange was the thought running through my head: I wonder if the speed bumps are made out of the same things as the post-it notes or if the post-it notes are made from the same materials as the speed bump?!?!?!?
Arm-chair psychologist anyone?????????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no pop psychology to share, BUT I wanted to add to your thought process. The tooth colored filling material that I use is ALSO produced by 3M. Whatcha think about that? Speed bumps. Post Its and filling material......Things that make you go hummmmmm. Wasn't there a song about just this subject?

Kimberly

Penny said...

The correlation between the notes and the bumps that came to my mind, in my hurry-scurry world, was to remember to slow down. I use post-its all the time to remind me of things, mostly because I'm too hurried to remember things without it being written in front of me. I guess we all need occasional reminders from Dad to slow down and enjoy life more, eh?

Penny