Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lisa's Bracketology

I am filling out my bracket, and as I was doing so I realized I follow a certain pattern every year. It struck me that I do it year after year. Here are a few things I do:
  • No matter how bad UK is, they always make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
  • No matter how good Duke is, I never put them in the Final Four.
  • No matter how good Louisville is, I never put them in the Final Four.
  • If EKU or WKU makes it to the dance, they always win their first round.

I don't care if I ever win the big pot or glory for having the winningest bracket. I have to be true to self.

We will be watching the UK game live tonight via the internet. Hooray for technology! I'm glad it's an early game in the U.S. so we don't have to stay up 'til 3 a.m. to see it. Sorry for those of you who will miss it due to school or work.

DISCLAIMER: To my Lousiville and Duke friends out there...I like you; it's your teams I don't like. I'm stealing that line from the people here who say, "I don't like Americans, but I like you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike and Lisa -

It's so much fun to realize that all of our Kentucky craziness is universal and will follow us no matter where we are. I didn't even try a bracket this year. I am with Mike though - how do we tune out Billy Packer?

Go WKU!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say go West Virginia - but can we really cheer for Bob Huggins?!? Oh-the dilemma!

Love ya, Lori