Friday, February 29, 2008

snips and snails ...

Since we have 3 girls in the house, sometimes having a boy is a breath of fresh air. Ummmmm, bad choice of words. Perhaps an 11-year old pre-adolescent boy isn't quite a bed of roses, but often I do think my boy is my sanity. Nonetheless, I thought I'd share this picture of David's school clothes. He played football at recess, dove to catch the ball, and he landed in a mud puddle. David has a magnetic attraction to mud puddles, so I wasn't too surprised at the clothes. He got to wear them like a trophy for the rest of the school day. And, oh yeah, he caught the ball! (The reason he's holding up the clothes is because he'd already changed into comfy sweats when I had the idea for the picture. When I asked him to change back into his muddy school clothes, his reply was "Moooom" (2-syllable mom with the first syllable being a higher tone than the second syllable). So at least he held up the clothes, but you can't see as much mud.)

1 comment:

janalaura said...

I was SO glad when Charles started to middles school--no more recess--no more grass stains! ; )