Saturday, January 26, 2008

Turtle Cake

Annie wanted a turtle cake, so this was my best shot at it. The icing was a great reptile color, but it's an awful green for Christmas cookies (trust me). The toenails and shell outline were chocolate chips, so we had fun eating turtle toenails. Annie wore green on purpose...she's crazy about turtles!

Believe it or not, the turtle is not on fire. The turtle is just sparkling. We used the traditional sparklers (at least they're traditional here) on the birthday cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa- How cute! Did you come up with that design for the cake all by yourself? I'm very impressed! I can't believe that Annie is 8 years old! She looks just like you!

Lisa said...

Thanks for even implying that I am creative. Of course I didn't come up with that design, but I'm flattered at the suggestion. I got it off the internet.

Anonymous said...

Just saw the turtle race and then there was a turtle cake. Oh, dear! Kind of worried about that little turtle who didn't move very fast in the race...........