Monday, January 7, 2008

Mike's 180


I was driving home Friday evening after being out with a friend. Our street was covered with ice and untouched by plow, salt, or anything else which would have been helpful! As I made it up the hill, a funny sensation overtook me. It SEEMED like I was going backwards and sideways. I know my driving may leave a lot to be desired, but I knew it was not that bad!

Much to my dismay, I was right!! By this time, I am halfway down the hill and still going sideways. Fun for a moment, but there are other cars that drive on the same street as me. I decided the brakes would not help, so I turned my steering wheel to the right to see if I could complete my 180 and be driving down the hill instead of trying to stop on it. For once in my life, it actually worked and I smoothly drove off into the sunset..........until the car on my left looked at me like I was one strange foreigner who had absolutely no clue how to drive! :-)
I was not about to let him spoil my fun, so I cranked up the radio and sang all the way home - without incident! Moral of the story: enjoy the little things in life, especially the victories!

No comments: