Thursday, January 3, 2008

How many ways can you...





We have a small nativity set in our entry way. I think I paid less than $5 for it at Big Lots. Throughout the Christmas season I noticed that the kids were rearranging the characters every day. Every time I passed by there was a new arrangement. I thought I'd show you some Nativity interpretations from our kids. It pleased me so much to see it rearranged daily that I started taking pictures. Nativity sets are meant to be played with. They are meant to be touched and loved and acted out. It was the best 5 bucks I spent on the Christmas season. My 2 favorites are 1) everyone standing in single file to see Baby Jesus and 2) Jesus, Mary, and Joseph and outside and everyone else is in the stable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also have a Nativity that has been rearranged a lot. It has actually been around since I was little and thats a long time ago. I rearranged it when I was little, Ashley rearranged it as she was growing up (she would put the Wise Men on the other end of the table or some place else in the room because they didn't come until much later) my neices and nephews rearranged it as they grew up and now Eva Kate has been rearranging it. There were a few arrangements similar to yours. I wish I had taken pictures.
Tina

Anonymous said...

It's good to see some things never changed. Elizabeth and Joshua have been rearranging navities since your dad got us all the "little kids'" navity. Glad to see you all have a wonderful Christmas. Give everyone hugs and kisses.

Lori, Elizabeth, Joshua and Dutch

Anonymous said...

Oh how neat! I would never have thought about playing with the set. I don't remember us having one growing up and I always put mine "up" to be only looked at! Though my little ones are really little right now, I would have probably always put it "up" so noone breaks it. What a new perspective...I love it. That is just precious and I love that you took pictures to record and share it.