Sunday, January 13, 2008

rotten tomatoes NOT

I've been seeing these things at market, and I thought, "Who in the world would buy rotten tomatoes?" A friend recently enlightened me that they were persimmons. There's a chance we could eat them at a neighbor's house, so I bought some for in-house food training. You can tell by the facial expressions what the kids thought of them. In all reality, they weren't that bad. They were actually sweet, but my children have a gift for the dramatic. Although they look like fried apples in the bowl, they are indeed peeled persimmons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a persimmon, once when i was about Abby's age. My mouth involuntarily went into "pucker overdrive". It was the worst thing i had ever tasted. Of course, I have a flare for the dramatic, too. haha