Thursday, January 3, 2008

Naming Animals

Emma got 2 Webkinz for Christmas. She named the black bear "Snowball" and the white terrier dog "Rudolph". I love it when kids name animals! When I was about her age I got a Yorkshire Terrier (real dog), and I thought long and hard about what to name him. I thought about the 2 things dogs say - Bark and Arf. I named the dog Barfy. I was so excited about the name until I shared it with my two older brothers at the dinner table. I took a lot of greif for that, so I renamed the dog Puffy. Unfortunately, Puffy didn't live very long because he ingested too much playdough while we were out of town.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I was about Emma's age when I got my first cat. I also pondered long and hard on a name. In all my glory, I ran into the living room and told them I had come up with a GREAT name...Smurfette!! When that got shot down, I went back to the drawing boards. This time, I really had it....Blueberry Muffin. My family graciously humored me and we settled on just Muffin.