Saturday, May 19, 2007

Out of the big city


Several weekends ago I had the opportunity to get out of the big city and attend a women's conference. It was so refreshing to see plant life and water. I once heard that a man can't find his soul on the sidewalk. After living in a city of 5 million, I can understand the importance of getting R & R outside of the city. I went jogging with some friends, and here's a picture of two us and the beautiful lane we jogged upon. As we were jogging, I noticed a very large snake halfway in the road and halfway over a log. I practically jumped out of my skin (it was on my side of the road), and I scared the hibbie-jibbies out of my running partners. This was the largest snake I'd ever seen in the wild, so we stopped for a closer look. It was not attacking us and it was not slithering away. As we glanced further, we noticed the snake's head was clamped down on the back half of a frog. The frog was looking at us with sad eyes, and the sight of it actually made one of my twenty-something running partners from Tennessee cry. We were thankful that the snake's mouth was full so he wouldn't attack us, but we had pity for the poor frog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, did you take a picture of the snake w/frog for your scrapbook?? Hee, Hee :) I have enjoyed your posts. Take care!

Lisa said...

I don't usually carry a camera during aerobic activity, but one of my running partners had her camera with her. It felt like a National Geographic photographic opportunity, so she took a picture. I didn't have the heart to put it on the blog. After all, I do have children who view it.