Saturday, May 19, 2007

14th Anniversary


Mike and I were out of town a few days ago, and we were in a beautiful city surrounded by water. We took one evening to celebrate our anniversary. We went to a picturesque outdoor restaurant. Our table overlooked the sea. The sun was setting as we took our seat, the music was in English, and we couldn't even smell smoke from other people because we were outdoors! Even though we couldn't understand most of the menu, we managed to order a pasta dish that was very delicious! As we were eating our meal, I asked Mike, "Did you ever think we'd be celebrating our 14th anniversary on this continent overlooking the sea to another continent?" Wow! I can't even begin to explain how God surprises His children with such good gifts.

5 comments:

Rita said...

It is so awesome to see pictures of you on the other side of the world. How wonderful that Dad has planned such a great adventure for you and your family. Always thinking of you. Rita

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it makes you not seem so far away. It is great to see that you can celebrate your anniversary with a night out. As always, you are all in my thoughts. Kathy C.

Anonymous said...

Happy 14th anniversary! Andy and I celebrated our 14th on May 8th. Ever since I realized that our anniversaries are so close I always think of you guys on my anniversary!!! Hope you had a great one :)Kimberly Martin

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) anniversary!!
It's good to see you all celebrating and the location looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing a picture with us!
Phylis P.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! May is a popular month for anniversaries! Barry & I celebrated our 22nd year on May 17.Miss you much!Looks like you celebrated in style.
Love,
Tonia P.