Monday, April 30, 2007

The Price of Gas


I know many of you are watching the price of gas go up. I just read an article about how it is rising still but shouldn't hit $4 a gallon!!


For some perspective, let me relate my first experience at the gas station: I was at a BP station with a friend here filling up his station wagon. In US dollars, it cost $111.11 for 13.59 gallons. If you do the math, that is $8.18 a gallon! (Yes, I converted liters to gallons and local currency to dollars before dividing!) The irony is that we live much closer to the gas supply than you do!


Sooooo, as you fill up your car/van/suburban/SUV/moped/horse & buggy the next time, remember that it could cost alot more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That does make me feel a lot better about gas here. It kinda puts things in perspective. Next time I'm at the pump, I'll remember that and say...at least it's not over $100. Glad to hear things are going well!!
Yvonne (a.k.a Ms. Crank)