Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hippo Speak

I needed to buy school supplies for the kids. A friend took me to the city's version of Staples (about the size of a walk-in closet). Each kid needed a small notebook. Some covers of the notebooks were quite intriguing . I thought I'd let you see a picture of one cover to show you what I mean. The cover is written in English, but after reading it I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to understand English here or our new language. My friend and I tried to figure out what in the world the English meant; she said this was typical. There are English words on things, but they are not written well. Soooo, if you would like to interpret Abby's notebook, feel free to make a comment. This cover says "WON'T YOU BE MY FRIENS? I come from so far only you...because friendship is relation two people or more person are interaction."

6 comments:

MLU said...

Loved the blog. Count on our interaction.

Anonymous said...

Lisa - That cover is just great! Tell the kids and Mike I say hi - Allison Brewton

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite an adventure!!
We think of you often and share your hopes & dreams for this time in your lives!
Am loving all the pictures!!

Jim and Patty Biggs said...

I Cousin want hello to say!

I stay from here and you go then
You leave my heart and writing when
I happy sing a Yarpy Laaaaaa!
I close to tell you all WaHaaaa!

----

OK...so it's an inside joke from the kids' cousins in Salisbury.

We are so happy that everyone is getting adjusted.

We think of you daily.

Anonymous said...

Salisbury cousins, i think your poem qualifies as a notebook cover! Ha ha.
Thanks for creating and sharing on the blog. I love the pictures! Wow--you all are awesome. We think of you all daily, too! Laura, Craig and Barbara

Anonymous said...

VERY ODD, I must say. I find that very interesting at the same time.