Thursday, August 7, 2008

The World According to Emma

Emma is getting so excited about starting kindergarten in a few short weeks. To impress us as parents, she is showing off her ever-growing vocabulary. For example:

1) While recently having a friend spend the night, she was trying to explain how they were going to sleep on the love seat which folds out into a double bed. Well, when Emma explained it, she said, "Guess what?? We get to sleep on the love couch!" Not to be outdone, only a few days later....
2) It was a Sunday and I was shaving before we headed out the door. Emma walked by the bathroom and saw me. She asked if she could watch and quickly got the stool as I was splashing water on my face. Once as close as humanly possible, she asked me, "Dad, when are you going to put the whipped cream on your face?" I asked, "What whipped cream, Emma? I don't shave with whipped cream." "Yes, you do, Daddy! You know, the white stuff that you scrap off your face!" she replied.

Well, as you can tell, Emma is well on her way to becoming a Fulbright scholar........though we are sad that our baby is going to school!! :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure know what you mean. There are times when the days (or nights) are long. I know for a fact the years are short. Shelby is driving and only has 2 more years of high school. How did the time go by so fast. Love reading your blog. Kathy C