Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Beating the Heat

For the last couple of weeks, we have been sleeping with wet wash rags, ceiling fans and oscillating fans to deal with the summer weather. I (Mike)even used a "Blue Ice" pack from the freezer...it's quite relaxing if you sleep on your side: simply place under your arm and your body temperature drops immediately! Any other helps are gladly welcomed!

Well, our best way to beat the heat is to retreat to the mountains. We are about a mile high, though not in Denver! When we arrived for a few days of rest and focus, I noticed the temperature outside was 33 Celsius. 20 minutes later as we climbed out of the car, it was 23 Celsius. Lisa and Annie actually wore jackets this morning because they were cold!

For your homework, I am curious who will be the first to correctly calculate the celsius temperatures to fahrenheit!! I'll be waiting!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

33 C = about 91 F
23 C = about 73 F
Tina Kinman

Anonymous said...

33 C - 91.4 F
23 C - 73.4 F

Just can't pass up a challenge. It's actually cooled down a LITTLE here. It's actually been in the
60's a couple of mornings. Hope you all enjoy your mountain stay. Lori, ELizabeth and Joshua

Anonymous said...

Tf = (9/5)*Tc+32

YOu do the math ;)

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

65 and 55...Am I right...Kelly

Anonymous said...

My best temperature guess is 33C=65F and 23C=52F. I'm sure these are wrong, but I'm pretty sure that 32F=0C. ANYWAY, I saw a thing in a catalog that enabled you to attach a blue ice pack to the front of an oscillating fan to help with cooling. I don't know if you've tried that or not.

It has rained here and the temps are very mild. We REALLY needed the rain. Today is jacket weather and I'm really thankful for that.
Sharron

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this posted or not,but...

25 C X 9/5 + 32 = 77 F.

(I think).

Dad W.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Maybe you could try an alcohol based body spray. Spray on your wrists, behind the knees etc. It will either help or you'll smell great!