Friday, July 20, 2007

OLD - And Getting Older!



This past Tuesday was my 38th birthday (for those who are keeping count). We had David's birthday last month and Abby's will be next month, but we went low-key on mine. What I most wanted was simply to have friends over...and that is of course what Lisa planned perfectly. We had my favorite dessert - banana pudding! She also slaved over a German chocolate cake, making much from scratch. On the cake, though, was more than candles...we had SPARKLERS! Yes, the 4th of July variety where you would write your name before it burned out! The girls saw this at a neighnor's party and Lisa could not resist. We had a blast with over 30 people dropping by and enjoyed an awesome evening!

Being 38, though, I was tired and barely made it to 9:00pm without a nap! I persevered and stayed up - but had to clean up on Wednesday morning!

To make matters worse, I had a second 19-year-old join my language class this morning who realized that I was twice his age! Whatever happened to respecting your elders?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike- Welcome to 38!! We've been waiting for you. Really, 38 is a limbo-type age. I am actually surprised when people don't think I am 28, but also a little disappointed that I am not more mature, yet. What a crisis! The bottom line is, I am just glad to be alive! And, as Glenn's dad used to say "I'm so old, the only trouble I can get into is fallin' off the porch." Happy Birthday! Sherry

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! You are still young! Sounds and looks like you had an exciting time! I am proud of Lisa and her finding the correct location for the sparklers!

Take care of yourselves!

Love you & yarp for you!

Becky