Monday, April 13, 2009

A Tradition Unlike Any Other


For those of us who love golf, this past weekend was the one we most often look forward to enjoying as the Masters takes place. For me, Augusta, GA, is the one golf course I'd most like to see. And for those of you who cannot understand, we golf lovers even enjoy watching it on television. No, it is not liking watching paint dry or watching a chess tournament! It is exciting and worth every minute.
To prove my point, I told Lisa that I would be "staying up late". As I watched a Kentucky guy lead for most of the day (Kenny Perry) and another northern Kentucky boy who actually played on his high school golf team while I played on my high school golf team (Steve Flesch), I could not turn the television off. Unfortunately, 11pm became midnight, Sunday became Monday, 1am became 2am, 18 holes became a 3-man playoff for 2 sudden death holes and I finally went to sleep at about 2:30am local time. I DO hope this becomes a tradition unlike any other...because I hope I never have to do it again....at least until it is on TV again next April!

No comments: