Thursday, October 30, 2008

Worth The Wait?!?!?

I was at the local bank branch this week and picked a number to wait in line like everyone else. (By the way, what are those machines called that spit out the numbers, anyway?!?!?!?!?) I was waiting to add credit on our gas card to heat our apartment this winter, so I had to pick a special number between 800 and 899. I was given 807 by the machine, but noticed that the last number called was 869! So, I figured I was 37th in line and decided to be productive and do some homework while waiting. After about 40 minutes, we were at 898 and 899. But, instead of rolling back 800, the board read "700 and 701".

Confused, I started asking a few people waiting if they were putting credit on their gas cards. When I found someone who was, he had number 713!! I showed him my number and he just smiled and laughed. After thanking him, I did some quick math in my head and realized I was not 37th in line, but 137th in line!! That equated to about 2-3 more hours of waiting...and I did not have that much time, patience or homework!

After meeting with my teacher to check my homework, I realized that it was NOT worth the wait because my homework was about 137th out of 137 students! HAHAHAHA!! The moral of the story: if you don't laugh while trying to learn a new language, you will cry!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but this just does not seem that weird, to me. I don't know why. Maybe I wish that more of us could have that kind of freedom...to make people smell better whenever the occasion arises. I think there may be more to the story than you know. Call me crazy, or call me... Sherry