Friday, October 3, 2008

Daisy

Tonight we went to the park to let the kids ride bikes and eat dinner at a nice, cheap restaurant with outdoor seating. We took our seat at the restaurant and the kids noticed the lady beside us holding an object in a towel. At first I thought it was a newborn baby. Then, the kids (in their loudest English) started yelling that it was a dog! They were so excited, and the owner let us pet her dog. She explained that the dog was really old (15 yrs. old) and that's why he/she was wrapped in a blanket. When I asked the dog's name, to my surprise, it was Daisy, but the owner knew no English. She pronounced Daisy perfectly, though. I think Daisy is the no.1 dog name in America. I know 2 dogs in my old neighborhood named Daisy. Now I know one here as well. So here are some pictures of Daisy, the 15-year old, cradled, hair-cut-too-short, doggie in a blanket.And here's Emma and Abby riding their bikes at the park...









And David throwing a football...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope we all have someone that loving to take care of us in our old age.
Sharron

Anonymous said...

Okay, it is official...I love Daisy. That is one lucky dog!
Sherry