Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Different Kind of Protein

Last night, I (Mike) was craving some walnuts. Thankfully, they are in abundance here and we had some waiting in the pantry. As I opened the jar, a MOTH flew out of the jar and barely missed my mouth!! I quickly squashed the moth and put the lid on the jar. Then, as I looked at the jar, I saw another moth flying inside the jar as he/she/it tried to escape. That is a little more protein than I am needing at this point in life. BTW - in case you are looking at the photo next to this and asking, "What does that have to do with walnuts?", I could not find any pictures of a nut and so I found a picture of 4 nuts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike- These are known as pantry pests and they LOVE nuts (who doesn't?) They lay their eggs and hatch in nuts, flour, cornmeal, etc. Anyway, I am glad it didn't fly in your mouth. I think that would turn you off of walnuts forever. Love to all- Sherry

Anonymous said...

I guess the old statement : sometimes i feel like a nut, sometimes i don't" comes in to play here. :) Kimberly

Anonymous said...

EWWW!! gross.... Well, just be sure that you check your food for animals capable of moving/squirming/flying before you eat it!

Love You All,
Kaylee