Friday, November 9, 2007

The Suitcase


With 5 anxious people waiting for me to walk through the door, I knew my first task would be unpacking a few gifts for each one. Lisa was smart enough to ask some kind family & friends to shop so I wouldn't have to while with my dad. My sister, Angie, was kind enough to shop for some groceries.
I, however, was NOT smart enough to put the grits in a plastic bag before putting it into my suitcase! Actually, it was 2 containers like the one in the picture (though not the Donald Duck brand). Upon opening the suitcase, I had a big surprise: grits were everywhere!!
Have you ever been to the beach and then kept finding sand for like 6 weeks AFTER you returned??? Well, the same principle applies with grits. ~~ On the positive side: a friend told me to be thankful they did not open my suitcase in any of the airports because my grits would have looked like a certain illegal substance and I might have missed alot more than a flight!

No comments: