Friday, November 9, 2007

The Flight Home


Last Thursday as I flew out of New York City, I knew we were in for a long wait when we were served snacks and drinks BEFORE we left the ground. After about 2 hours, we finally were in the air. The only problem was the fact that I only had 1 hour to connect in Istanbul with my flight home. For you G'town alum: As Dr. Seay, aka "The Far Side" scientist-look-a-like, would remind us, "And the plot thickens!"
As feared, I missed the connecting flight and waited for 2 hours until the next flight finally brought me home. On the bright side - all my luggage made it safely and at the same time. BTW - If someone would like to do some research, I am curious if JFK Airport has the worst record for on-time flights. If there is an airport worse than JFK, please tell me so I can avoid it at all costs!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I am sorry to tell you, BUT I am pretty sure that Chicago O'Hare is worse than JFK. Glad you made it home safely though. Kimberly

Anonymous said...

O’Hare International Airport again ranked worst among major U.S. airports for on-time departures during the first half of the year, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.