Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Kentucky Moment


Many of our friends here like to send us weird stories of people in Kentucky who make the news. For example, do you remember the lady who "won" the Charmin toilet paper contest and received a free wedding in New York...with a dress made of 100% Charmin toilet paper?!?!?!?

Well, last week as I was heading to a different area of town by bus, I saw a first for me here - a red convertible Corvette SR-1!!!! I have seen a Porsche, Ferrari, Viper, Land Rover, Hummer H3 and other less-than-common vehicles, but none of those lesser cars are made in the Bluegrass. I knew the only place in the world where those are made are right in Bowling Green, KY! I had flashbacks to the Corvette Museum and the manufacturing plant you pass on I-65. And for a moment, at least, I forgot about the toilet paper wedding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That person (whomever he/she is) really has good taste!
Sharron