Tuesday, May 13, 2008

World's Best Hummus

Yesterday my 11-year old son said to me, "Mom, would you please make some of that hummus?" A couple of years ago I never thought I'd hear those words from my son! So, I'm going to share the world's best hummus recipe right here on this blog. Kid approved.

WORLD'S BEST HUMMUS

2 15-oz. cans of chickpeas (I used fresh)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 cup water or liquid from can
salt to taste
1-2 T olive oil
paprika (sprinkle on top before serving)

Chop chickpeas in food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients (ecept paprika) and puree. Stir in more water or oil if needed until smooth.

We like our hummus with crackers or pretzel sticks. It's also a good dip for raw veggies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... add a couple of drops of hot sauce and you'll have some spicy hummus...i love it that way

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Our daughter Mikaela has loved hummus since she was about 3 years old. Joe makes really good hummus; in fact, we just had some for lunch today.

Love,
The Jenkins

Anonymous said...

I am obsessed with hummus and glad to get a new recipe. I can't wait to try it. I have shared your granola bar recipe with tons of friends. They all love it!! Thanks for sharing! Paige Greene