Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Are they me?


Are the new earrings me?

I was walking on the street with Annie today when I ran into a really sweet teenage neighbor. She's as cute as a button, and she always dresses really trendy. Today when I saw her I commented that I liked her earrings. They looked really great on her. I asked her where she got them, and she told me she got them in a city that's about 6 hours from here.

About that time she started to take the earrings off, and she handed them to me. I insisted that she keep them, but she insisted that I take them. It was a battle of wills, and she won. She would not take no for an answer.

Now I have to confess that when I admired the earrings, I was saying they looked good on her. I'm not sure how they will look on me, but now I own them. For years I only owned 2 pairs of earrings - 1 set of gold hoops and 1 set of silver hoops. However, I'm happy to say I've expanded the collection and have several pairs with additional color, but they're almost always hoops because that's the most comfortable. So these new earrings will really stretch me (not to mention my lobes).

These are by far the largest earrings I've ever owned. There's a small circle encompassed by a large circle with a total of 10 dangly things attached. I have 2 pictures below to demonstrate how different these earrings are than my usual ones. On the left are my new earrings. On the right are 2 of my favorite pairs of earrings. The silver loops are comfy. The pink dangly ones are the longest ones I own (until now, of course).

So how do you think the new ones will look on a 36-year old mother of four?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa - I think they ae cool! You're not 36, you're just a cute young woman whose children continue to get older. Wear the earrings.
Sharron

Anonymous said...

Lisa -

I think if you increase the height of your hair about 3-4 inches and add 3 inch shoulder pads you could go right back to the 80's. You look marvelous!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday and standing at the check out I saw it. They actually had "ear lobe tape". It was advertised to give extra support for sagging earring lobes. :) Should I send some your way? :) Have a great weekend, LaDonna

Alys said...

Lisa, I think that your new earrings are beautiful! and SURE! you can DEFINITELY pull them off! they look great on you! YAY for big earrings! :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, have LaDonna send you the earlobe tape and wear them. They look great on you. Of course, I have always been a little "racier" than you! Sherry

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I think you look "Mah-vuh-lus" in the earrings, and you can expand your wardrobe to match!!! I enjoy your site so much.....