Saturday, October 6, 2007

Toaster Pastries

We haven't had pop tarts in 6 months. Of course, brown sugar poptarts rule, but cherry with sprinkles are my preference if I'm in a fruitty mood. A friend gave me a recipe for homemade toaster pastries, and they actually turned out pretty good. It took about 2 hours to make, from start to finish, but it was a nice treat! We made some brown sugar cinnamon and cherry ones. I never realized how much I relied on the convenience breakfast foods until I moved here. We ate pop tarts, breakfast cereal bars, fruit bites, toaster strudels, cinnamon rolls in a can, bagels, granola bars, etc. Of course they were all fortified with 12 vitamins and minerals.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey, if you get a chance, i'd love the receipe. Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I want the recipe too!!!!

Jane Ellen

Bteacher99 said...

I need the brown-sugar/cinnamon recipe too! That's my favorite flavor of PopTarts, and it's been awhile since I've had any :)

Morello Madness said...

OK, so maybe you should just post that recipe on your blog because I want it too! It sounds delightful! I too am all about the cinnamon brown sugar ones. They rock!