Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Splish Splash!!!!


After finishing language school yesterday afternoon, I needed to walk to an office to pick up some papers. After almost an hour of asking people where this office was, I finally realized I needed to cross the street and catch the bus to another neighborhood. (Cultural Lesson of the Day: everyone WILL give you directions even if they have no earthly idea where you are going. This is part of the local charm and hospitality!)
As I attempted to cross, I waited on the lines in the middle of the street. While waiting for traffic to clear, 3 cars passed by and promptly drenched me from the stomach down!! I felt like I was in the middle of a cartoon or a movie scene. (Can anyone remember any good movie scenes?? Help me out if you do!) It was actually funny to me, though a little cold as it was windy and rainy. After crossing, I noticed people crossing to the other side where I had just come from...and they were getting splashed on the back side!! As they say, don't feel too bad because someone else always has it worse than you. BTW - I did find the office and get the papers I needed, so it was worth every last drop of water I brought home with me.

No comments: