Friday, May 15, 2009

Just To Make You Think


Because we all need to stretch our minds and think a little more each day, here are some quotes from the man who explains the complicated in a simple and understandable way, Yogi Berra. BTW - these are great to ask a kid to explain to you as well! Enjoy!

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Even Napoleon had his Watergate.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious.

How can you think and hit at the same time?

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

I never said most of the things I said.

I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.

I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.

If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be.

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

No comments: